9.29.2011

dinner: zucchini and black bean tacos

This is my idea of the perfect weeknight dinner. Nothing fancy, really quick, and good for you. The recipe is from Appetite for Reduction, the cookbook I've mentioned before. It's really one of the best vegan (although I do add some dairy to her recipes) cookbooks I've come across.



Zucchini and Black Bean Tacos (with my variations ... don't blame the cookbook if you don't like it!):

Heat a Tbs of olive oil in a large skillet. Saute two zucchinis (sliced and quartered) and two jalapeno peppers (minced ... or just very small) until the zucchini is lightly browned. Add 4 cloves of garlic (chopped), 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp of coriander, salt, and pepper. Cook for another minute.
Add 1/3 cup (or however much you like) of any kind of salsa you have on hand. Add a can of black beans (rinsed and drained), and 1/3 cup of kalamata olives (chopped). Cook for another 5 minutes.

Spoon onto warmed tortillas, sprinkle with scallions and limed-up greek yogurt.

*My favorite substitute to sour cream is greek yogurt. Mix one container of FACE greek yogurt with the juice of one lime, salt, and pepper. It's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment