9.17.2013

familiar


Something crazy happened over the last few days. I was driving around, and suddenly things started to feel familiar! Many times the streets were new to me, but it was Florida and it felt like home. Up until now it's felt like a foreign, vacation land and I needed my gps 24/7.
We've found the local vet, post office, bank, coffee shop. All things that make a place feel more familiar.
Last week I found a job at a school I really love... I think it's going to be a great experience. Sauce has had some ups and downs while trying to get used to everything. At this point things will only get better for him! Josh is still settling into his new job but he really likes it. 
I've made some goals for myself this next year. One of them being to try and learn how to customize this blog. I really want to make it more of a space that reflects who I am and what I like. Also, we are going to try life without cable. If you know me then you know this is a big deal. We figure that it's super nice weather in the evenings here ... we should be out biking etc. Even so, we have netflix and can catch some stuff on that.

Last weekend I threw a bunch of random stuff into a pan and wallah! Tacos! And they were delish.

Anything Goes Tacos:
Saute 2 packs of sliced mushrooms with one chopped onion until cooked. Add 3/4 of a bag of frozen (thawed) corn and cook until heated through. Mix in 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder and salt/pepper. Add 5-6 cups (loosely packed) of fresh spinach. Cook until wilted.

Put mixture in a flour tortilla and top with goat cheese OR my favorite healthy creamy topping ...
Mix 1 cup greek yogurt, 2 tsp of minced chilies in adobo (this comes in a small can), and salt/pepper. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment